Tom Stamman is a False Prophet

The so called prophet named Tom Stamman who has a ministry called Impact Ministries International is a false prophet and ripped me off $800 on a feeding starving kids scam.He travels to churches and gives everyone personal prophetic words said to be from God but has told me un scriptural things like to divorce my spouse and all kinds of other things that where wrong and not accurate.

This guy got me to invest a lot of money to feed the nations thing and promised me a return on my investment as he claimed to use it to buy land in uganda but it has now been 5 years and I have seen no return and they wont comment on it.His website is www.tstamman.com be careful of him and dont give him money

d3d0201 review #261080
37 Helpful? 184
Had the same issue27 Comments179 Report
Had an experience with Tom Stamman?  Submit review about this company
wantstofollowjesus

Nov 30

I was considering going to see one of Tom Stamman's performances. However, after reading these posts, I think I'll pass. Would Jesus call people idiots, ignorant, cowards, or mooches? No, he wouldn't. No excuses. Nothing. Jesus would not treat people in such a fashion. He loved all, and only chastened hypocrites. Jesus would not waste His time continually arguing with people who disagreed with Him. Why aren't you following Jesus as the model for your speech? I don't know you, but the Holy Spirit is telling me that something is very wrong here.

3 0 Reply
Tomisawesome

Nov 26 Montezuma, Iowa

We are all human and we all make mistakes from time to time. Take the plank out of your own eye before taking the tiny toothepick out of other someone elses eye

0 4 Reply

Dec 14 Dixon, Illinois

I have not heard Tom admit of any mistakes, unlike the people he attacks. In watching his sermons, he definitely says mostly Biblical things. Its when he gets off on his looney tangents where the trouble comes in. Certainly King David and other great men of God have made mistakes, in fact, we all have. Hopefully we realize and admit our mistakes. Saying false things that can adversely alter someones path, whether their spiritual path or their physical life, and claiming they are from God is reprehensible. I'd say "tomisawesome" that you have no right to judge who's vision impaired by toothpicks and who's vision is impaired by planks.

3 0 Reply
MethodMan

Nov 25 Sterling, Illinois

What's the matter Tom? It's been like a month since we heard from you. Taking the advice of your lawyer, are you...and not replying? Finally exercising some self control. Proud of you, buddy. I hope for everybody else, you keep it up and keep your own opinion to yourself in the future. It seems criminal to me that you would say that you speak for God in the form of prophecy. You seem to have gotten off the right path and are too proud of yourself.

4 0 Reply

Oct 23

By his posts, it would appear that his is the only income of the places that he says that he sends money to. It would be interesting to know what percentage of these organizations is funded by Tom. In reviewing posts, it appears that if IMI fell off the face of the earth, there would 10,000 people left with nothing. Is this the case, or are the 10,000 people supported by a great number of donors other than IMI, and theirs is a fraction of the sum that is supporting these people? I see that there is a specific ministry mentioned in Honduras, but what about the other countries? Who are the orphanages and facilities that receive money there?

20 2 Reply

Oct 24 Dixon, Illinois

Last night, there was a request put in to their website for their financial records. Their website claims that for a minimal fee, they will have their accountant copy and mail said copy. It will be interesting to see how much the minimal fee is and how quickly they will disperse the information. Will keep you posted.

14 0 Reply

Nov 04

Update. 12 Days and no reply. will keep you updated if they decide to make true on their word, but I'm guessing this is a claim to make you feel more comfortable giving. Why don't more of you follow the instructions on their website and request it yourself. Maybe you'll have better luck than me. Also they claim on their website to have negative feedback from a website, pissedoff.com. This may be an attempt to divert people to a place that doesn't exist, since "pissedconsumer" is where you will find complaints. Possibly clever, if that is what they were after. It is easy to explain something that is hard to find, isn't it.

10 0 Reply
bud

Nov 10

They can easily falsify there financial records financial records can be altered and falsified

7 0
friendofrorphans

Oct 25 Lonsdale, Minnesota

You are right if we fell off the face of the earth they would have nothing. We support other ministries
we feed 6,400 children from Philippines and 500 to 1,000 children from Guatemala, and 25 to 50 children from Uganda, children from Kenya, Haiti, Thailand, and various countries over the last 8 years, Oh by the way these are from different ministries. We partner with them.
I guess what you think appears is wrong. Can you admit it? I doubt if you will,

0 18 Reply
JTL123

Oct 26 Dixon, Illinois

So you partner with these different ministries, but you are the only ones that are caring for the 10,000? So if IMI fell off the face of the earth, would that mean that all of the partnering ministries would also quit giving to the end ministry? You said, "You are right if we fell off the face of the earth they would have nothing." You have just proven me right. You say you are the only source for 10,000 people, and you say that you give with other ministries in the same breath. You can't even keep your thoughts straight enough to write a paragraph. You are thinking of yourself too highly buddy. God is the source, you are supposed to be a messenger, but your signals are getting crossed.

16 0 Reply

Oct 18

My experience with Stamman's ministry required much prayer and God's discernment after, to separate what was from God and what was from Stamman. He seemed to have missed the essential step of personal sanctification before public ministry. In contrast, there is an international prophet who has given words to thousands over many decades with no controversy. Here is one of Dr. May's recent reflections, which may be good for Stamman to ask of himself:
"There was a time when the Psalmist David looked at the things going on around him and made this comment, “The fool has said in his heart, ‘There is no God.’” In looking at the original language there are two translations that can be given: (1) “There is no God,” and (2) “No! God!” One denies the existence of God and the other simply says “No” to the direction of God.
As I studied this passage in Psalm fourteen, I decided that both attitudes are foolish. To deny the existence of God places man at the center of his own existence, which is the loneliest places a person can be. The other places man in a position of rebellion against the will and purpose of God, which is the most dangerous place a person can be.
I decided a long time ago that I don’t want to be in either position. I am not the center of my own existence; God is. I am not following my own will; I am yielding to the will and purpose of God.
Child of God, you made a decision to receive the truth of the existence of God and you received His Son Jesus and the
... Show more

24 1 Reply

Oct 18

I have never, ever heard respectful and responsible people in ministry address people the way Stamman has on this site. Regardless the truth of the complaints made against him, it is his own behavior here that is conclusive. A minister of God has a standard of godliness, professionalism, self-control, and blamelessness to aspire to. He has a responsibility to manifest the glory of God for all to see. I see no resemblance of God in Stamman's behavior here, nor did he resemble God when I experienced his ministry firsthand three years ago. This is very troubling.

23 1 Reply
friendoforphans

Oct 19 Lonsdale, Minnesota

Paul the apostle defended himself with facts and truth. The facts are we open up our home to 15 to 25 people to live with us at all times. We take 100% of all ministry money raised and we give it to feed 10,000 children, we provide medical, housing, love, food and education to 164 orphans in three countries. We walk in godliness, professionalism, and self-control and blamelessness in such a fashion that over 700 people have chosen to be ordained by IMI. Jesus said, I was hungry, thirsty, naked, in prison and sick and you fed, gave drink, clothed, and visited me. That we have done with the best of our ability. If you cannot see resemblance of God in that, then you are blind and refuse to look at the facts that are clearly seen by tens of thousands of people. Just because I choose to refute you with the facts doesn't mean we are not godly.

0 19 Reply

Oct 19

You are not listening to what people are saying. Few have issue with your good deeds. Nobody is saying your list of facts about your deeds is ungodly, so there is no point in repeating them endlessly. They have issue with YOU. Your treatment of people on this site alone is horrific. Your use of God's precious spiritual gifts is reckless and irresponsible. How many witnesses do you require before you will listen to people who have been in your meetings and watched your behavior on this site? What pastor or servant of God in any capacity talks to people like you do? (One example above: "You are blind and refuse to look at the facts...etc." Now I'm one more person to add to the growing list of people that you've attacked instead of listening to. We were all trying to help you and thereby help the body of Christ that you impact. Since you have refused to listen for so many years, you're on your own, so far as my efforts are concerned. Time will tell what happens to you.

20 0
friendofrophans

Oct 25 Lonsdale, Minnesota

We have professionalism, godliness, and self-control, we have a biblical basis to defend what we do. If we are wrong, no problem, but if we defend ourselves with the facts, then what is the problem. Come live at my house with the other 20 people, come travel with me, (I've taken hundreds), come on a mission trip I've taken 1,500 people. If you are going to judge, judge by the facts. How can you see no resemblance of God. By simply reading comments on a website. C'mon. I challenge you come and see. Do what Andrew said to Peter, come and see!

0 14 Reply
JTL123

Oct 26 Dixon, Illinois

You have professionalism, godliness, and self-control, you just don't use it when you need to. What you do for the poor is great. Ephesians 4:15- "Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ." If you are speaking the truth, you are not doing it in love, but rather in a very controversial way. I am not your enemy. but your heels are dug in pretty hard against me now. Your posts are not leading to a mature body. I feel sorry for the people that find a false sense of security in what you say. You have done well for yourself. I am seeing more and more how full of cr@p you are, and I hope others are realizing it too.

14 0

Oct 15 Dixon, Illinois

T. Stamman said this about me - "U haven't a clue on the responsibility of paying for 10,000 children Our orphanage budget is $90,000 a month u probably dont make half of that a year". I personally have learned that to give humbly is a more Biblical approach than to give big and proud for all to see. Anger and put-downs are not a fruit of the Spirit! In fact lets see what the scriptures have to say about people like me who don't have a large quantity to give, although I give in every way I can. I say that not boastfully and claiming my works for all to see, in fact if I had my way, nobody would ever know what I give, because I don't do it for anyone's approval.
Mark 12:41-44 (MSG) 41-44 Sitting across from the offering box, he was observing how the crowd tossed money in for the collection. Many of the rich were making large contributions. One poor widow came up and put in two small coins—a measly two cents. Jesus called his disciples over and said, “The truth is that this poor widow gave more to the collection than all the others put together. All the others gave what they’ll never miss; she gave extravagantly what she couldn’t afford—she gave her all.”
May I remind you that "Paying for 10,000 orphans" is not your responsibility. If you believe that the Bible is true, you will also believe that God does not need you to feed the orphans of the world. If His eye is on the sparrow, how much more does he care for them? How much more does her care for me, or you, or my
... Show more

21 3 Reply
friendoforphans

Oct 19 Lonsdale, Minnesota

The only reason we share the facts is because of people who falsely accuse us of taking the money raised and using it for our own pleasures. I doubt if you give in every way you can. Have you given all of your money away? Have you emptied your bank account? Have you invited 20 people to live in your house? Have you sold properties and given it all away? By responding to false accusations by presenting the facts is not boasting, but like in the court of law you refute falsity by giving facts.
The widow gave away everything she had is the emphasis of the story. Once a year we empty our bank account and take zero salary not just from the ministry but from our investments. Have you been like the widow and gave away all that you have. I doubt it. But we have.
You are ignorant! If God feeds all of the children of the world, then why do 25,000 children die a day of starvation??? That is the size of the city of Chicago dying of starvation in one year. God gave the earth to men and He commands us to feed the starving children!. He commanded us in John 6 when he said to Andrew You feed them!
Can you answer the fact that 25,000 children die a day of starvation. We are his co-laborers, if we don't feed the children they will die.

0 17 Reply
Jtl123

Oct 19 Chicago, Illinois

Where to begin? This post is the exact thing that Tom is good at, saying whateverhe wants whether its true or not. "I doubt if you give in every way you can". Really? Has God told you I dont? You know nothing about me and you are wrong. In the same paragraph you say that ypu give 100 % to the ministry, then you say "Once a year we empty our bank account and take zero salary not just from the ministry but from our investments." How can you give 100% and take a salary from the ministry. So you dont take 1/12 of your ministry salary, but you take 11/12ths of it and somehow still give 100%. If you live more in the word yourself, the story of Anninias and Saphirah would make you stick to the truth and actual facts. You say 25000 children die a day from hunger and that in a years time that is equal to the population of chicago. Chicagos population is 2.7 million. Your figures are off. Jesus said feed them, but he didnt say, "lie to people to get money and then give some to the poor." By your own admission, you dont give 100 percent and that confirms you are a liar and therefore a liability to the Kingdom. Also the explaination of what happened in my life is spelled out clearly by me in the posts on this website, so to say that I wouldnt talk about it is another lie from you.

16 1 Reply

Oct 25

I cannot tell you (as you know) why so many people in the world die of starvation, or cancer, or heart conditions, or accidents or anything else. What I can tell you is that if Christ can feed 5,000 men with 5 loaves and 2 fish, then he can feed those 25,000 with roughly 25 loaves and 10 fish- or less. I do not see anyone Godly in the Bible, including the little boy that had the produced the 5 loaves and 2 fish, being so proud, boastful and mean spirited as you. You are not right.

12 0 Reply

1-20 of 179 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Tom Stamman.
Filing a new complaint about
×